- IV Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Wound Care & Wound VAC Home Healthcare Service
- Fall Prevention & Reduction Home Healthcare Service
- Pain Management Home Healthcare Service
- Diabetic Program Home Healthcare Service
- Medication Monitoring Home Healthcare Service
- Education & Rehabilitation Home Healthcare Service
- Coumadin/Lab Testing Home Healthcare Service
- Nutritional Education Home Healthcare Service
- Nursing Care Home Healthcare Service
- Anodyne Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Physical Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Home Health Aide Home Healthcare Service
- Smoking Cessation Therapy Home Healthcare Service
At East Texas Home Health we use rehabilitation as the process of restoring function to a loved one who has been disabled as a result of a disease, disorder, or injury. We’re dedicated to helping you and your loved ones live their lives to the fullest despite disabilities caused by trauma, illness, congenital deficits and disease.
Who Should use this Service?
Rehabilitation therapy is often necessary to help recovery from a stroke, injuries, arthritis, major surgery, debilitative disease, nerve or muscle disorders or chronic pain. East Texas Home Health Rehabilitation Services offers patients:
Occupational Therapy is generally recommended following a stroke, accident or illness. Patients participate in directed activities to increase strength and coordination. Hand therapy, massage and other techniques are used to decrease pain, while exercises increase motion. Therapists teach simplified ways to perform self-care, household and work activities with special aids or assistive devices.
Physical Therapists evaluate, treat and educate patients to help prevent or alleviate pain and dysfunction. To restore mobility and function, physical therapists employ a variety of treatment techniques to increase motion, increase strength, improve balance and decrease pain.
Speech/Language Pathologists work with patients to recover speech and swallowing capabilities lost due to stroke or trauma. In addition, persons of all ages can be evaluated and taught to advance their speech, language, fluency and articulation skills. Through counseling, education and therapeutic intervention, therapists help persons increase their vocabulary, expand word choices, improve articulation and promote fluency. We assist total laryngectomy patients with the best mode of communication by providing support, intervention and teaching.