- IV Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Wound Care & Wound VAC Home Healthcare Service
- Fall Prevention & Reduction Home Healthcare Service
- Pain Management Home Healthcare Service
- Diabetic Program Home Healthcare Service
- Medication Monitoring Home Healthcare Service
- Education & Rehabilitation Home Healthcare Service
- Coumadin/Lab Testing Home Healthcare Service
- Nutritional Education Home Healthcare Service
- Nursing Care Home Healthcare Service
- Anodyne Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Physical Therapy Home Healthcare Service
- Home Health Aide Home Healthcare Service
- Smoking Cessation Therapy Home Healthcare Service
At East Texas Home Health (ETHH) we provide various forms of therapy when your loved one's medication or health substances must be administered directly into a vein. The word intravenous simply means "within a vein". We utilize a drip chamber, which prevents air entering the blood stream (air embolism) and allows an estimate of flow rate.
Our Intravenous therapy can assist your loved one with a variety of therapies such as delivering medications, fluid replacement or electrolyte balancing to correct, for example, dehydration.
Compared with other routes of administration, the intravenous route is the fastest way to deliver fluids and medications
throughout the body. Some medications can only be given intravenously. Your loved one's doctor will provide the necessary prescription and regimen that will be utilized by East Texas Home Health's Nurses to keep your loved one healthy and happy.
Gravity Drip: In cases where a change in the flow rate would not have serious consequences. The drip is often left to flow simply by placing the bag above the level of the patient and using the clamp to regulate the rate.
Infusion Pumps: Allows for precise control over the flow rate and total amount delivered. If the patient requires a high flow rate ETHH nurses can also administer IV therapy utilizing a rapid infuser.
For more information you can contact our registered nurses who will further assist you.